And, Remembering Chris Steinbrunner, A Hero of the Mystery
Jim Burns
2012-01-09 06:20:17 UTC
Chris loved the pulps, and actually wrote one of the last episodes for
THE SHADOW radio series, when he was a teen!

Steinbrunner was also an Edgar-award winning author, wrote one of the
VERY FIRST books on science fiction and fantasy movies, PUBLISHED many
books (with Centaur Press), wrote a montly column for ELLERY QUEEN'S,
co-edited THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MYSTERY AND DETECTION, was an executive
with WOR-TV in New York (where he loved programming classic mystery
movies, and produced what may well be a LOST 007 special!), co-wrote THE
FILMS OF SHERLOCK HOLMES...

My old pal did a lot of neat things, and I hope you'll get a kick out of
reading about some of them!

Chris Steinbrunner, and a Renaissance of Fantasy--James H. Burns

http://thethunderchild.com/BurnsintheCity/ChrisSteinbrunner.html

And:

Happy New Year!

Best, Jim
Hacksaw
2012-11-10 22:25:49 UTC
I remember seeing his name in the old 'Castle of Frankenstein' monster mag in the '60's. Years later I bought the Encylopaedia of Mystery & Detection because I recognised his name on it. Great book which I still refer to quite often. He sure knew his stuff!