Terrance's link to new pulp
jumpy
2013-04-01 02:43:46 UTC
My friend Terrence show me this and I couldn't agree less!

http://www.statesman.com/news/entertainment/books-literature/noir-is-making-a-big-comeback/nW2Py/
x***@charter.net
2013-04-12 04:27:40 UTC
Post by jumpy
My friend Terrence show me this and I couldn't agree less!
http://www.statesman.com/news/entertainment/books-literature/noir-is-making-a-big-comeback/nW2Py/
I don't see all that much comeback. A couple of anthologies is hardly a "comeback"

p.s. How many folks are actually around here? Seems awful slowwwww.

p.p.s. What we need is a *new Woolrich or Goodis.
Kent Allard
2013-04-12 20:10:49 UTC
Me. Most have moved on to Yahoo groups - lots more talk over there.
Chuck
2013-04-12 22:39:01 UTC
Post by x***@charter.net
p.s. How many folks are actually around here? Seems awful slowwwww.
Me. Most have moved on to Yahoo groups - lots more talk over there.

I'm here too. I don't bother posting because nobody ever responds to me.

Chuck
Joe Pfeiffer
2013-04-13 12:41:43 UTC
Post by Kent Allard
Post by x***@charter.net
p.s. How many folks are actually around here? Seems awful slowwwww.
Me. Most have moved on to Yahoo groups - lots more talk over there.
I'm here.
"Erwin, have you seen the cat?" -- Mrs. Shroedinger
ThePulp.Net editor
2013-04-15 01:43:02 UTC
Post by Joe Pfeiffer
Post by Kent Allard
Post by x***@charter.net
p.s. How many folks are actually around here? Seems awful slowwwww.
Me. Most have moved on to Yahoo groups - lots more talk over there.
I'm here.
Same here. I check this group and alt.fan.doc-savage, but spend most of
the time reading various Yahoo pulp groups. Check out PulpMags,
Pulp_Magazines or Flearun for lively conversation.

There's a complete rundown of newsgroups at ThePulp.Net:

<http://www.thepulp.net/the-links/pulp-newsgroups/>
--
William Lampkin

http://ThePulp.Net
Your link to the online world of the pulps!

Yellowed Perils: Thoughts and Comments on the World of the Pulps
http://www.thepulp.net/yellowedperils/
ThePulp.Net editor
2013-05-03 02:02:42 UTC
In case you haven't heard...

Doc Con 2013 will be held at Comfort Suites (9824 W. Camelback Rd.,
Glendale, AZ 85395) on Oct. 18, 19 20, 2013.

Registration is $25 and includes lunch. Special room rates by mentioning
the Doc Savage Convention. Call 623-271-9005 for reservations.

It is our intention to bring together the biggest Doc Savage fans in the
country. Many of us know each other by email and newsgroups... now it is
time to meet each other in person. Join us and see old friends and make
new one!

If you are a Doc Savage fan, Then Doc Con XVI is for you!

Keep up-to-date via Doc Con's Facebook page:
<http://www.facebook.com/azdoccon>