Ted Tinsley fans?
Opry phantom
2014-02-27 17:02:15 UTC
Anyone here read any of Tinsley shorts in the pulps? I've read a couple of "Carrie Cashins" and I just sent off for the "Tracy" collection that ran in BLACK MASK. His "Body Snatcher" yarn was quite good.
Anyone here have the AMUSEMENT INC. collection? I've never read any of these.
Kent Allard
2014-02-27 18:41:54 UTC
Post by Opry phantom
Anyone here read any of Tinsley shorts in the pulps? I've read a couple of
"Carrie Cashins" and I just sent off for the "Tracy" collection that ran in
BLACK MASK. His "Body Snatcher" yarn was quite good.
Anyone here have the AMUSEMENT INC. collection? I've never read any of these.
This reminds me of a related question that I've been meaning to ask John Olsen.

Theodore Tinsley wrote a Shadow novel "The Phantom Killer" that was rejected by
the S&S editors. Apparently the villain was an old woman, who suicides when
unmasked.

It was later printed as "Satan's Signature" in S&S's "Clues" magazine.

Has anyone read it? How does it hold up as a Shadow mystery, or just as a
slightly rewritten mystery for Clues?
John Olsen
2014-03-03 21:05:15 UTC
That was a new one on me! So I googled it, and discovered it was
published in the November 1941 issue of Clues under Tinsley's own name.

Now I've got to find a copy and read it!

Generally speaking I like Tinsley's work, so I look forward to the day I
get to read this one.

John
--
To contact me, please ignore the "reply-to" address (it's not valid) and
instead send email to this address:

jrolsen2 <== This way, even if a spambot
at strips off extra spaces and
comcast returns, and converts "at"
dot and "dot", it still doesn't
net get a usable email address.
Opry phantom
2014-03-09 20:52:25 UTC
Post by John Olsen
That was a new one on me! So I googled it, and discovered it was
published in the November 1941 issue of Clues under Tinsley's own name.
Now I've got to find a copy and read it!
Generally speaking I like Tinsley's work, so I look forward to the day I
get to read this one.
John
Just got my copy, 900+ pages of classic Black Mask (when Cap Shaw was ed.)
Definitely get this if you call yourself a "hard-boiled" fan. <*not noir>

Check out "Ticketed For Death"; "Five Spot"; "South Wind"; "Body Snatcher"; "Murder's Guest"