CARDIGAN and any of old crowd around?
Opry phantom
2012-04-09 19:37:08 UTC
Anyone here have the new Nebel collection from Dime Detective?
Any of the old heyday times (2000-2009) still come around here?

I want to talk about rough paper writers and yarns!
Dave
2012-04-10 11:17:16 UTC
In a word -- NO. I don't know if Facebook has killed alt.pulp, or
what
Kent Allard
2012-04-10 12:19:42 UTC
Post by Dave
In a word -- NO. I don't know if Facebook has killed alt.pulp, or
what
I finally switched over to the Yahoo groups. Plenty of activity, especially on
the weekends.

All require you to have a Yahoo account to participate. On some, you can read
posts without an account. Some groups require approval by the moderator to join
(which is usually no problem; they're just trying to keep spammers out); others
are automatic once you click the join button.
The Loser
2012-04-14 23:47:45 UTC
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PulpMags/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/flearun/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goldenperils/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pulpscans/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WesternPulps/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cover_Ups/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Doc_Con/http://groups.yahoo.com/group/doc-savage/
All require you to have a Yahoo account to participate. On some, you can read
posts without an account. Some groups require approval by the moderator to join
(which is usually no problem; they're just trying to keep spammers out); others
are automatic once you click the join button.
---The Complete Casebook of Cardigan by Frederick Nebel is a must
buy. I review it on Mystery File at http://mysteryfile.com/blog/?p=16157

----Walker Martin
Chuck C.
2012-05-30 14:27:40 UTC
Post by Opry phantom
Anyone here have the new Nebel collection from Dime Detective?
Any of the old heyday times (2000-2009) still come around here?
I want to talk about rough paper writers and yarns!
Yes, on both counts. I've been reading this site since the good old
days of arguing the pros and cons of a "pulp price guide."
The Cardigan collection (the first of 3!) is great. Also they've
come out with the complete Donahue (HARD AS NAILS).What with Penzler's
BIG BOOK OF PULPS and BIG BOOK OF BLACK MASK stories, it's a Golden
Age for hard-boiled reprints.
Cheers,
CC