Want List *** HELP !!!!
Morgan Wallace
2004-10-28 14:56:56 UTC
Hey All.
My digest-pulp and pamphlet wants are driving me batty !!!
I'm looking for the following items, and am willing trade off
any duplicates in my collection to obtain them or buy them.
Please help me rid myself of some of these wants. :-)

Alliance Press (UK: pamphlet)
The Vampire and 16 Other Stories
– Leslie H. Fox, 1940's

Bear Hudson (UK: small digest, 1946)
Spawn of the Vampire – N. Wesley Firth
Terror From Timorkal -- Festus Pragnell
Dames Spell Trouble -- Michael Hervey

Comyns (UK)
Zhorani – Karl Maras, 1953
Peril from Space – Karl Maras, 1953

Curtis Warren Ltd (UK)
Challenge – HK Bulmer, 1954 (upgrade)
* quote all other titles

Currawong Publishing Co.
(Australia: 1940s pamphlet)
Prisoners of Serpentland – Alan Connell
The Living Dead – J. W. Heming
Subterranean City – J. W. Heming
In Aztec Hands – J. W. Heming
Ape of God – Vol Molesworth
Monster at Large – Vol Molesworth
Prelude for Death –Vol Molesworth
Satan's Understudy – Vol Molesworth
The Wizard Returns –Vol Molesworth

Dragon Ltd (UK)
Creature From the Black Lagoon
– Vargo Statten, 1954
(hardcover wanted too)
1000-Year Voyage – Vargo Statten, 1954
Earth 2 – Vargo Statten, 1955

Duchess Printing and Publishing Co., Ltd
(Printed In Canada)
The Stuffed Men – Anthony Rud, 1940s

Export Publications (for Pemberton, UK)
(Printed in Canada, 1946)
I Found Cleopatra – Thomas P. Kelley

Everybody's Books
(UK: pamphlets and digests)
Anonymous:
Tales of Murder and Mystery
Tales of Mystery and Surprises
Tales of Terror and Surprise
More Tales of Terror and Surprise
Tales of Terror and the Unknown
Third Finger – Left Hand and Other
Thrilling Stories
The Gamma Ray Murders – Preston Yorke
The Astounding Crime – Preston Yorke
The Grim Caretaker – Eugene Ascher
Uncanny Adventures – Eugene Ascher
Land of Hidden Death – Justin Atholl

Grayling Press:
Mystery 4.5d Thriller Series
(UK: pamphlets, circa 1949-1950)
01. Jack Kelso ‘Smashing the Drug Ring'
02. Roy MacRae ‘The Black Cat Murder'
03. Chris Brand ‘Trail of the Vampire'
04. Roy MacRae ‘Dangerous Lady'
07. Starr Nicholls ‘Death in the Jungle'
08. Jack Kelso ‘The Ghost Skier'
09. W. J. Elliot ‘The Circle of Death'
10. Don Campbell ‘The Murder Trap'
11. Michael Burke ‘Murder On Film'
12. Jack Kelso ‘Diamonds Spell Death'
13. Henry Duval ‘Witch Woman'
14. Frank Scott ‘Murder Will Out'
15. Gaston Lamond ‘Window of Death'
16. Henry Duval ‘Murder in Mayfair'

Hamilton & Co (UK)
The Terror Strikes – N Wesley Firth, 1946
Strange Hunger – Michael Hervey, 1946
The Terror – N Wesley Firth, 1946
The Tomb of Horror – Earl Ellison, 1946
Blood on the Dragon – Earl Ellison, 1940s

Harborough Publishing Co (UK) 1951
Shuna, White Queen of the Jungle – John King

J. Dennett (Australia: 1940s pamphlet)
Wolfblood – Vol Molesworth (upgrade)

John Spencer & Co.
Zamba of the Jungle – John Raymond

Mitre Press (UK 40s pamphlet or thin digest)
You Can't Hang the Dead – Leslie Carroll
The Blackmailer and the Blonde -- L. Carroll
The Lamp Burns With Blood -- L. Carroll
The Oasis of Sleep – Justin Atholl
The Man Who Tilted The Earth
– Justin Atholl (upgrade)
Death In The Green Fields – Justin Atholl
Uncanny – George C. Bachelor
There Were No Asper Ladies
– Eugene Ascher
Death Tolls the Bell -- Michael Hervey
Cut Price Murder -- Michael Hervey
No Crime Like the Present
-- Michael Hervey
Imperfect Alibi -- Michael Hervey
Uncanny Tales – R. Thurston Hopkins
Weird and Uncanny Stories
– R Thurston Hopkins
Strange Stories of the Orient Express -- Hopkins

Paladin Press (UK)
Alien Life – E C Tubb, 1954 (upgrade0
The Plant from Infinity – Karl Maras, 1954 (upgrade)

Pillar Publishing Co (Ireland)
Dread of Night – Elliott O'Donnell, 1940s

Regal Books (UK: 1953)
The Screaming Lake – S. Fowler Wright (upgrade)

Robin Hood Press (UK: thin digest)
There Were No Asper Ladies (both editions wanted)
- Eugene Ascher, 1940s (variant one: vampire in coffin cover)
– Eugene Ascher, 1940s (variant two: Heade cover art)

Scion, Ltd (UK: digest)
The Untamed – Victor Norwood, '51 (upgrade)
Drums Along The Amazon – Victor Norwood
Cry of the Beast – Victor Norwood
The Gold of Akada – Earl Titan, 1951

Stanley Baker – Fantastic Science Thriller
(UK: digest)
Adventures on the Planets – Simon Querry, '53
Pirates in Space – William Causett, 1953
A Spot on the Sun – Joseph Mois, 1954
Planets of Peril – Clyde Marfax, 1954
Conquerors of Space – Erroll Collins, 1954

Gerald G. Swan (UK: 1940s Pamphlets)
Crime Shorts # 3
Gang Shorts #'s 1, 2, 3, 4
Thrill Shorts #'s 1, 2
Detective Shorts # 3
Western Shorts #'s 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Vengeance Shorts #'s 1, 2
They Come From Mars – W.P. Cockcroft
Monster of the Lagoon – George F. Worts
The Dark City – Kay Hammond (upgrade)
William J. Elliott – The Circle of Death
Donald Campbell – The Murder Trap
Madge Whyatt -- Spider Morgan's Secret, 1948
Occult: A Collection of Stories of the
Supernatural (upgrade only)
Occult Shorts (2nd Collection) (upgrade only)
Weird Story Magazine (upgrade only)
Weird Story Magazine # 2 (upgrade only)

The following Swan's are author unknown:
The Lonely Road, circa 1946
The Clay Hercules, boxing story, dated???

please quote any Swan I have not listed.

Gerald G. Swan (UK: 1940s – 1960s Digests)
Four-In-One Weird and Occult Shorts – 1948 (upgrade)
Four-In-One Crime Shorts – ca. 1948
Four-In-One Gang and Thrills Shorts
Four-In-One Crime and Vengeance Shorts
Weird and Occult Miscellany – ca. 1960-61 (upgrade)
Into The Fourth Dimension –Ray Cummings, 1943 (upgrade)
Moon Conquerors – R. H. Romans, 1943 (upgrade)
The Man on the Meteor – Ray Cummings, 1952 (upgrade)
Weird Fiction Library #'s 1, 3 – ca. 1960-61
Detective Thriller Library #'s 1, 2 -- ca 1960-61
SPACE: FACT AND FICTION ALBUM, mid- 1950s

Scientific Thriller (Australia: digest pamphlet)
All wanted: by the following authors:
Paul Valdez Otto Kensch
W. Herscholt B. Ludwig
Belli Luigi S. Heinkel
R. Glenning

Tit-Bits Crime Fiction Library, imprint of
C Arthur Pearson (UK thin digest)
Murder Comes Easy – Sean Gregory
Fall Guy – Frank Struan
Corpses Cause Trouble – John Y Damony
Jail Break – Dane Andrews
Tunnel of Nightmare – Frank Struan
Treasure of Monte Ragazzo – Howard Braddock
Murder Bangs a Big Drum – Sean Gregory
Death in Darkness – Frank Struan
Missing – Believed Stolen – Dane Andrews
A Guy With a Gun – Dane Andrews
Murder Is So Permanent – Sean Gregory
Dateline Paris – Frank Struan
Murder Makes a Corpse – Sean Gregory
Murder Is So Unpleasant – Frank Struan
Girl From the Sea – Frank Struan
The Contact Man – Frank Struan
Murder Makes Mockery – Sean Gregory
This Woman Is Dangerous – Laurence Mallory
Edge of Terror – Sean Gregory

Tit-Bits Science Fiction Comics, imprint of
C. Arthur Pearson, Ltd. (UK: thin digest)
Planet XI: The New World, 1953
The Terror of Titan, 1953
The Dome of Survival, 1954
The Deimos Deadline, 1954
The Scourge of the Carbon Belt, 1954
Captain Diamond & The Space Pirates, 1954

Transport Publications (Australia: pamphlet)
Action Monthly # 11 – (ca. mid-1950s)
Action Monthly #'s 1-9, 13, 14 on up (minor wants)

Utopian Publications (UK: 1940s pamphlet)
Strange Love Stories – Anonymous
Strange Tales # 1 (Alva Rogers cover art)
Strange Tales # 1 (H. W. Perl cover art)
American Fiction, series (1944-1946)
see section Part Four for details

UTB (UK)
Peril of Creation – Edmund Burton, 1940s

Van der Elst Press Ltd (UK: 1940s pamphlet)
(All self-published by Violet Van der Elst)
The Sadistic Vampire
The Mummy Come To Life
The Strange Doctor & Other Mystic Stories
The Satanic Power
The Brain Master
The Secret Power

United Kingdom Fanzines:
Slant QUOTE ALL, but need only # 1, and upgrades

United Kingdom Pulps & Digest-Magazines:
Gripping Terror, Hamilton & Co.
Combat, Dalrow QUOTE ALL
Creasey Mystery Magazine, Dalrow QUOTE ALL
Round-Up Magazine (western), City Libraries, of Glasgow
Screen Chills and Macabre Stories, Pep Publishers & Printers
Weird Tales, William C. Merrett
Strange Tales, Utopian Publications
(cover art by H. W. Perl features a female on cover)
(cover art by Alva Rogers, 1st edition)
American Fiction, Utopian Publications
01. E. Frank Parker "Girl In Trouble"
02. S. P. Meek "Arctic Bride"
03. Robert Bloch "Sea-Kissed"
Variant features additional story "Goper's Head" by Benson Herbert
04. Jack Williamson "Lady In Danger"
05. Edmond Hamilton "Tiger Girl"
06. Johnson Harris "Love In Time"
07. Edmond Hamilton "Murder in the Clinic"
08. Stanton A. Coblentz "Youth Madness"
09. H. O. Dickinson "The Sex Serum"
10. R. A. Palmer "Strange Offering"
12. H. Vincent "Master of Dreams"
Weird Tales, Gerald G. Swan
Swan Yankee Magazine, Gerald G. Swan
# 06: Yankee Weird Shorts
# 14: Yankee Weird Shorts
# 19: Yankee Weird Shorts
Weird Pocket Library, Gerald G. Swan
Weird Shorts – First Selection, Gerald G. Swan
Weird Story Magazine, Gerald G. Swan

Australian:
Selected Science-Fiction Magazine, Malian Press, quote all
Scientific Thrillers, Transport Publications, quote all
Action Monthly, Transport Publications, quote all

Canadian:
Toronto Star Weekly (also, please quote USA editions of Fearn)
"The Golden Amazon"
"Diamond Quest"
Uncanny Tales (Adam Publishing) 6 and 9
Uncanny Tales (Norman Book) 17
Eerie Tales

American paperbacks:
I, Robot – Isaac Asimov
Cosmic Engineers – Clifford D Simak
Pattern for Conquest – George O. Smith
The Shadow and the Voice of Murder – Maxwell Grant (pictorial only)
Tarzan in the Forbidden City – Edgar Rice Burroughs (pictorial only)

MISCELLANEOUS:
You Murdered Me -- Rosina Tarne, John Crowther, Uk circa 1946,
possibly not published

Partners In Crime -- *author unknown* -- India: Thackers of Bombay,
circa 1947, exists

The Bride of Frankenstein -- UK: Queensway Press, 1935 edition

Tapestry Triangle -- Thomas P. Kelley, Canadian, Associated Weekly
Newspapers Book Division for Pembertons, circa 1946

War of the Worlds -- H G Wells -- UK: World's Work

TARZAN TITLES by Edgar Rice Burroughs:
Tarzan of the Apes -- Newnes and C A Ransom pbs both wanted
Return of Tarzan -- Newnes and C A Ransom pbs both wanted
Son of Tarzan -- Newnes and C A Ransom pbs both wanted

ADDITIONAL:
quote all pamphlet or paperbacks by Justin Atholl, R. Thurston
Hopkins,
Darcy Glinto, Michael Hervey, Eugene Ascher, Preston Yorke, Buck
Toler,
N Wesley Firth, Earl Ellison, Henri Duval, Gaston Lamond.....

THANK GUYS, SOMEBODY FIND SOMETHING FOR ME :-)
**Morgan Wallace**
http://www.geocities.com/mwbw631/index.html
Phantom Detective
2004-10-28 15:53:58 UTC
Morgan,

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but the pulps 1st web site
has a few foreign pulps, including Canadian, Australian, and British.
There's a Canadian Uncanny Tales and 2 British Tales of the Uncanny.

Might be worth a look.

http://www.pulps1st.com

Mark
The Best in Pulp Cover CDs
Pulps also sold
Morgan Wallace
2004-10-29 15:03:05 UTC
Post by Phantom Detective
Morgan,
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but the pulps 1st web site
has a few foreign pulps, including Canadian, Australian, and British.
There's a Canadian Uncanny Tales and 2 British Tales of the Uncanny.
Might be worth a look.
http://www.pulps1st.com
Mark
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reroute. Have sent you a separate emailer.
Of the Tales of the Uncanny featured, i need the third one
published by World's Work to complete my set.
Morgan
Phantom Detective
2004-10-29 17:36:13 UTC
Morgan,

As I said in the email, the link is fixed. And I'm happy I could help you
finish your set.

Mark
Pulps also sold
k***@gmail.com
2014-01-11 19:43:13 UTC
Almost a 10 year old post. Is this list still valid? I have a near mint copy of Screen Chills and Macabre Stories, but the price is likely outside the realm of reality since it is so rare and no price guide exists for this puppy.
w***@gmail.com
2015-06-12 16:32:13 UTC
I have some Erroll Collins / Clyde Marfax work ( I am the writers descendant ) Some of the work she did is here : http://wkins.co.uk/?page_id=180